The Director of Accounting plays a pivotal role in the financial operations of Insurate, with a primary focus on ensuring the accuracy and integrity of our financial data. This position encompasses a range of responsibilities including the preparation of financial statements, account reconciliation and analysis, communication with company personnel on cost and financial results, and providing invaluable support for various financial projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements in compliance with industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of financial data.
- Oversee the reconciliation and analysis of key financial accounts, ensuring discrepancies are identified and resolved promptly.
- Develop and maintain robust internal controls to safeguard financial data.
- Engage with cross-functional teams to communicate cost and financial performance results, offering insights and recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Provide financial analysis to support decision-making and strategic planning.
- Assist in the execution of various financial and accounting projects as assigned by senior management.
- Play a key role in the implementation of financial systems, process improvements, and automation initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance, MBA preferred
- Possess a professional certification (CPA, CMA, CFM)
- 5+ years of accounting/progressive financial reporting experience
- Proven experience in accounting leadership roles within the insurance or financial services industry.
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting standards, GAAP, and relevant regulatory guidelines.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills for collaboration with internal teams.
- Proficiency in financial software and accounting systems.
- Advanced knowledge in preparing financial statements.
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting preferred.
- Insurance industry accounting experience strongly preferred
- Proficient in Excel and QBO
- Strong relationship-building skills with the ability to establish trust and credibility with partners.
- Financial statement completion, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Reconciliation accuracy.
- Timely and insightful analysis of budget vs. actual variances.
- Reduction in the time required for financial close processes.
- Demonstrated collaboration with non-financial teams and successful project involvement.
- Completion of assigned projects on or ahead of schedule.
- Measurement of compliance with industry-specific regulations and reporting requirements.
- Evaluation of internal control systems to prevent financial inaccuracies and fraud.
- Cost savings attributed to improved financial management.
Compensation and Benefits
- Annual salary range of $90,000 to $110,000 and benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
- Meaningful participation in Insurate’s equity program. All Insurate employees are part owners of the company.
- Remote-First Workplace: At Insurate, we recognize the importance of providing a flexible and inclusive work environment that allows our employees to thrive while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
- Candidates who have the flexibly to work in a hybrid and/or in-person workplace setting in Omaha, NE are preferred.